Membership – “One for all and all for legal aid!”
LAPG is a membership organisation that represents and provides support for legal aid practitioners. Our Advisory Committee is drawn from legal aid practitioners across all areas of law, from right across the country and from all types of providers (small, large, NfP and ABS). As an organisation, LAPG is well known for contributing to and influencing both operational and policy matters. We are committed to access to justice and to ensuring that the legal aid scheme is accessible to as many people as possible. We also believe that the scheme itself needs to be clear and fit for purpose and that the government must invest now to address years of malnourishment, neglect and deliberate and ill-judged cuts.
We also offer membership for barristers. In the current climate of fundamental changes to legal aid, barristers can also benefit from our specialist support services to members.
Our membership period runs from 1 January to 31 December.
For those with a legal aid contract, membership of LAPG is generally on an organisational rather than individual basis. Barristers can join LAPG as individuals and we also have group membership schemes for chambers, consultants and representative bodies. Solicitors, costs lawyers or legal executives can join us on an individual basis. Contact us if you have any queries about our membership schemes.
Its now time to renew (or join) for 2024
With the new membership year upon us it is now time to renew your membership or join us to help fight for legal aid.
In understanding of how difficult the past years have been, our fees were frozen since 2017 and we reduced them by 10% during the pandemic. However, we now need to adjust them to cover the inflationary pressures we’ve faced. We are, therefore, returning to our 2016 fees.
Join now to help us fight for legal aid in the face of the Legal Support Action Plan that arose out of the LASPO Review and the Criminal Legal Aid Review. Help us to try to make the system work for providers and to increase access to all those who need legal advice and representation. Some of the benefits you will gain by joining us are:
- Regular updates on all things Legal Aid – news, events, guidance, consultations and more
- Significant discounts on training courses
- Free advertisement of job vacancies on our website and social media to support your recruitment
- Discounted tickets to attend our Annual Conference
- Direct support on operational issues through Member Queries
- The opportunity to input on consultations and reviews
- Representation of your interests, views and concerns at meetings with the Ministry of Justice, the Legal Aid Agency and other bodies
- Access to our online LAPG Members’ Area, designed to provide with resources and the ability to connect with other practitioners
- LAPG membership badges to display on your website to demonstrate your commitment to legal aid
To join LAPG complete the membership form below.
If you are a firm or not-for-profit agency, please join or renew by completing the following membership form:
If you are an individual (for example, barrister, pupil barrister, or another individual interested in joining) please complete the membership form below:
By becoming a member, you confirm your support of LAPG’s values and main objectives.
If you do not fit into either of the above categories, please contact us to discuss how we can tailor our membership to your needs.